Commercial Vehicle Foreman
An opportunity has arisen for a HGV Forman/Fitter to join our team, based at our operating site in Lyonshall.
You should have at least 5 years experience as a HGV mechanic trained to an industry standard. The main duties are to ensure that the workshop runs efficiently on a day to day basis. To allocate jobs to workshop staff and supervise them.
The post is a senior member of Burgoynes staff team reporting to the Managing Director. The post of workshop supervisor has responsibility for the efficient running of our workshop. The post is primarily hands on, including workshop management and health & safety requirements. There will be some development to establish clear systems to ensure the smooth and safe running of the workshop and its operations. Therefore we anticipate that it is likely that 20% of the time will be desk based.
This role will require you to undertake a range of management duties associated with the running of the workshop and production activities.
- Ensure a supportive environment and a workplace that challenges, inspires and creates the conditions conductive to a well run workshop.
- Day to day supervision of workshop staff
- Ensure productivity levels are maintained in accordance with set budgets.
- Provide a well-run and maintained workshop including building maintenance and other issues in relation to the management of the workshop.
- Responsible for effective communication with staff, customers and colleagues
- Source and arrange for supply of materials and cost-effective use of materials and equipment in the workshop.
- Continue the on-going development of the workshop facility, allowing us to target increased work volumes from outside our company activities
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings and provide reports to the M.D as required.
- Develop and maintain accurate records pertinent to the running of an efficient department.
- Undertake any other duties as consistent with the post
- Ensure the department is active in the cost effective use of resources.
Health and safety
- Ensure a safe working environment by leading on the implementation of Health and Safety policy, systems and procedures.
- Develop and deliver work methods and standards that will ensure heath and safety legislation is complied with.
- Undertake duties in relation to fire safety, as set out in the H&S Policy.
- Carry out and keep accurate records of all health and safety procedures and maintenance in the workshop.
If you are interested in the above please contact Malcolm on 07825 060 108 to discuss the role.